• Wed. Jan 26th, 2022

YourCelebsWorth

Home of Celebs

Andy Spade Net Worth

ByEditor

Dec 2, 2021

Andy Spade’s net worth and salary have been revealed.

Andy Spade is a wealthy American entrepreneur with a net worth of $200 million. Andy Spade is the co-founder of Kate Spade New York and Partners & Spade. Andy Spade is the younger brother of actor and comedian David Spade. His wife was the late Kate Spade. Rachel Brosnahan, an actress, is his niece via Kate.

In addition, he and Anthony Sperduti co-founded the branding firm Partners & Spade. Spade, among other things, has produced feature films via his firm Red Bucket Films and conceptualizes and publishes novels through HarperCollins.

Early Years and the Beginnings of a Career

Andy Spade was born in Michigan on Christmas Eve 1962 to Wayne, a sales salesman, and Judith, a writer and magazine editor. Bryan Spade and comedian and actor David Spade are his two brothers. The family relocated to Arizona in the late 1960s. Spade then attended Arizona State University, where he studied in architecture. He and a buddy co-founded the advertising business Spade & Hannawell while in college. In 1987, the business was named one of Arizona’s Top Ten New Companies. Following this, Spade became significantly involved with advertising, working with companies like as Lexus, Coca-Cola, and Paul Stuart.

Kate Spade & Co. New York City

Spade and his business partner Katherine Noel Brosnahan established the premium fashion design firm Kate Spade New York in 1993. Originally, the company only created colorful consumer handbags, particularly for the upper-middle class; however, it quickly expanded its inventory to include shoes, perfume, stationery, pajamas, raincoats, and numerous cosmetic goods and other accessories. In 1996, the firm launched its first store in New York City’s SoHo district. Kate Spade New York continued to grow rapidly, and by 1998, company sales had reached $27 million. The next year, Neiman Marcus Group paid $34 million for a 56 percent ownership in the firm. It paid $59.4 million for the remaining 44 percent ownership in 2006. Following that, Liz Claiborne purchased Kate Spade for around $124 million. Tapestry paid $2.4 billion buying the firm in 2017.

Getty Images/Dimitris Kambouris

Kate Spade New York maintains outlet sites around the United States in addition to its more than 180 shops throughout the globe. Furthermore, its items may be found at large department stores such as Macy’s, Nordstrom, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. The company introduced an exclusive collection with Williams Sonoma in early 2017, which featured glasses, flatware, and tableware. The firm also had a distinct men’s brand named Jack Spade, which sold bags, wallets, phone cases, watches, and other goods. In early 2015, all Jack Spade shops were formally shuttered.

Spade & Partners

Spade co-founded the branding firm Partners & Spade with business partner Anthony Sperduti in 2008. The organization works in a variety of fields, including advertising, design, and retail ideas. It has a storefront on Lafayette Street in the NoHo area of Manhattan. On the brand development front, Partners & Spade debuted the Sleepy Jones loungewear collection, which was inspired by the lives of artists such as Pablo Picasso and David Hockney. In addition, the firm assisted in the creation of the men’s grooming product brand Harry’s. Partners & Spade’s marketing department planned and created J.Crew’s first menswear boutique in Tribeca, as well as developed and produced Whole Foods’ first national advertising campaign.

Partners & Spade has also had a presence in the film business. Notably, it created “The Black Balloon,” a short film that earned an award at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. It collaborated with Red Bucket Films to develop the screenplay for Josh Safdie’s directorial debut, “The Pleasure of Being Robbed.” Partners & Spade also produced Mike Mills’ documentary “Paperboys” and Talmage Cooley’s documentary “Dimmer.”

Personal Life

Spade married his business partner Kate Brosnahan, with whom he co-founded Kate Spade New York the year before, in 1994. Both were born on the same day and year, by the way. In 2005, the couple gave birth to a daughter called Frances. Kate committed herself in her Manhattan apartment in June 2018 after dealing with depression and anxiety for years. Andy revealed at the time of her death that they had been living apart but were still close.

 

[ad 2]