Is this something you’d like to do? Please read this guide to learn what you need and more.
In this banking guide, I’ll tell you how to open a GCB savings account. I’ll also tell you what you need to know.
As the largest bank in Ghana, GCB is the best place to save money because it has 157 branches and 15 agencies in Ghana.
The best way to start saving for your own or your child’s future is to sign up for a GCB savings account now.
You must meet these rules to open a GCB Savings Account.
The GCB savings account can be opened by anyone, as long as they meet the rules.
To open a GCB savings account, you’ll need these things:
1. A passport-sized picture of the person who took the picture
2. A valid ID card or driver’s license. Any of these could be what you need: Voter ID, a passport, or a driver’s license.
3. Proof of a home address
4. Proof of your postal address.
5. Keep an eye on your initial minimum balance at all times.
6. For number 3 and number 4, you can give any of the following: utility bill, tenancy agreement, or letter of recommendation from an employer
Having a resident or work permit
I want to open a GCB savings account.
Open a savings account with GCB by following these steps:
1. Go to a branch of the Ghana Commercial Bank that is close to where you live.
2. Ask to open a savings account.
3. You will be directed to the right person.
4. As soon as you get there, tell the official what you want to do. The people in charge of this are the customer service department.
If you want to open a savings account, all of the rules will be told to you.
GCB Account Opening Form: 6. You will be given the GCB Account Opening Form. It is usually an 11-file document that you will need to fill in the part that is yours.
7. On the first page of the form, ask the official to fill in the box for the savings account. Then, tick the box.
8. Keep filling out the form, and don’t be afraid to ask questions if you need help.
9. When you finish filling out the form, the customer service rep will enter all of your information into the GCB system. This is what they will do.
You will get an account number and be asked to put money into your savings account.
Is it free to open an account with the bank in Ghana?
The only thing that costs money is the first deposit you have to make into your savings account. This first deposit must start at least Gh20.
Is it possible to open a GCB account online?
Online: Ghana Commercial Bank has a way for people who want to open a savings account through it to do so. There is no difference between the registration process you do online and the one you do when you go to the bank.